Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Two More Days!

Today, we did some shopping and let the girls play in a park. Tomorrow is Annie's consulate appointment, where she is interviewed for her visa to America. That is the LAST bit of paperwork we need to complete. Our guide will pick up our visa on Thursday, and we fly home early Friday morning.

So, as these posts go on, I wonder if you can tell that we are REALLY feeling ready to go home! We are punchy tired, longing for some familiar routines and places, and excited to begin our new life! As much as I feel this way, I am also reminded that before long, my little girl will be feeling the same way---longing for familiar language, food, places. I just hope these two weeks together bonding with her family will ease the huge transition that awaits her. She is SUCH a sociable, happy girl--she literally befriends everyone at every place we visit. Her English skills are coming along SUPER well, but I know it will be a huge struggle when she can't speak to everyone and be understood. My prayer as we look forward to coming home is that Annie will feel (at least a little) like she is home as well. If cooking yucky chicken feet will help in that effort, I will GLADLY do it!

Speaking of yucky, we have been trying to visit places that offer traditional Chinese food for dinner, just so Annie feels comfortable. So far, we have been able to order some things that we Westerners can tolerate :-), and then let her order whatever she wants. Well, last night we were completely out of our league. The pictures below were top menu items. (and yes, those are baked beetles!).  :-)






I know the "it's fun to dress like my little sister" phase won't last long, so I am enjoying every adorable minute while I can!

1 comment:

  1. I know Annie will do great, she's got a great mom. She is so lucky that you all found each other. Anxiously awaiting your return as well��

    ReplyDelete