Saturday, August 22, 2015

Home Sweet Home!

We are FINALLY home! The pictures below are Mt. McKinley and the sunrise from the plane as we left Anchorage airport. Yup, I said Anchorage! Our trip home included an unscheduled diversion to Anchorage for about two hours. Long story, but apparently weather-related. So, the flight home (like EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT on this trip!) was long, grueling, and all-around yucky! I was never so happy in my life to hear the words, "Welcome to NY!" The girls did just great on the travel--they nearly melted down during the immigration interview (Ellie was yelling, "Water, give me COLD WATER!" and Annie was trying to speak with the immigration officer in Chinese (he was not amused, BTW). But we made it--we are HOME!





I am writing this at 3:30 a.m. as I prepare spicy beef Ramen noodles and bagels for two jet-lagged little girls who have been up since 2:30 a.m. :-) It's all good, though. They are settling in beautifully, and hopefully we will be back on schedule in a couple of days.

This is the last blog post--I just wanted to update everyone that we are home safe and sound, and hope to see you all in person soon!

I also HAVE to give a special shout-out and thanks to my dear friend, Michelle, who accompanied us on the trip. I literally could not have managed without her, and both of my girls adore her. It takes a pretty special person to give up two weeks of summer vacation for what really is a tough trip. I am more grateful to her than she could ever know!



Thanks for following along on our travels!

Jen


3 comments:

  1. Welcome home to the Gallagher Family. I can't wait to see Ellie "G" again and to meet her big sister Annie. Thanks for writing the blog Jen. I looked forward to and enjoyed reading it each day. I especially loved the pictures of your 2 beautiful daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, friend and nieces!😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen!! Loved all the stories and pictures. They look absolutely adorable together. My mom used to dress my younger sisters the same too! Welcome home to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete